Requirements to access the Lift service:
it is necessary to be registered with the Beekite amateur sports association
you must hold a VDWS patent. , FIV. or equivalent attesting the level of kitesurfing
be in possession of insurance cover for yourself and against third parties, valid for the current year.
INDISPENSABLE Requirements are:
ability to kitesurf upwind, thus remaining always near the Shuttle.
be aware of and know how to implement the procedures for relaunching the kite from the water.
know and follow the Beekite regulation scrupulously.THE SERVICE INCLUDES: transport on the stretch of water agreed for navigation, launch of the kite, recovery of the member and his equipment.
ATTENTION: the shuttle service does NOT include any kind of teaching or personal assistance, preparation of the equipment on the ground and relaunch of the kite once in the water.
The shuttle service is performed, weather conditions permitting, twice a day. In the morning the departure is scheduled from 7.30 to 08.00 and in the afternoon from 13.30 to 14.00. Upon boarding, each member must have the equipment ready for use and prepared as indicated below.
Each member is responsible for his own material, all the equipment must be carefully prepared well in advance of the Shuttle’s departure time, if at the time of the “launch” of the kite an inconvenience due to the negligence of the kiter ( crossed lines, damaged material, etc.) and consequently it will not be possible to launch the kite, the lift will still be considered to have been performed.
PREPARATION OF THE KITE
verify the correct functioning of the kite security systems
inflate only the side bladder and close the streps of each blad
pull the lines and connect the cables to the kite, check again that the lines are not crossed
carefully wrap the cables to the bar and secure them so that they remain taut and can not be loosened
roll the kite from both ends towards the center
insert the bar, previously prepared, in the center of the kite
use the kite leash to tie it and make sure that it can not be unrolled
P.S: in the first times the school staff will assist you for a correct preparation
1. The use of the CE marked min.50N life jacket is mandatory and if a leash is used for the table, a protective helmet will be required.
2. Each kiter must be equipped with a cell phone inserted in a special waterproof case, it would be necessary to communicate in case of any problems or emergencies.
3. The duration and the possibility to perform the service will be decided according to the meteorological conditions and the current wind intensity. If the weather conditions do not allow the regular performance of the service, the lift can be recovered by the member on another day
4. During the shuttle the kiter must comply with the current regulations of the Navigation Code and local regulations.
5. The lift is considered carried out when the kiter decides to go down into the water, according to the weather conditions of the moment and in relation to their own abilities.
6. Navigation must take place in area of water previously agreed with the school at the beginning of the shuttle service.
7. The managers of the shuttle service reserve the right to recover the members in advance, so that for reasons of safety or non-compliance with the regulations, they may be deemed necessary. This decision will be final and does not entitle the reimbursement of the service.
8. Members who use the school material are directly responsible for it; when preparing the equipment, they must immediately inform the shuttle service managers of any damage or malfunctions and at the end of use the material must be returned dry and in order as at the delivery time.
THE BEEKITE ASSOCIATION AND THE SHUTTLE SERVICE MANAGERS DECLARE ANY LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF ANY DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR THINGS THAT MUST BE CHECKED BEFORE, AFTER OR DURING THE SERVICE OFFERED TO THE MEMBERS.